"Oil of Cloves" to remove mould
For years I have treated mould with some type of “bleach” cleaner. These expensive and toxic products available in their 100’s from any supermarket would have you believe that they are environmentally sound and generally safe for humans to use. Wrong! They are both “bad” for the environment and “bad” for humans! There is an alternative that does not pose a threat to either humans or the environment….”Oil of Cloves”. This product has long been used as a cure for tooth ache. But did you know that "Oil of Cloves" is also a great mould inhibitor for uses both in and outdoors? The oil actually kills mould spores.
…couldn’t be simpler; add a quarter of a teaspoon of oil to a litre of water in a spray bottle and lightly
spray over the surface. Because Oil of Cloves actually kills the spores you can confidently store away coats, shoes, umbrellas etc. for months without the worry of mould taking hold.
Surfaces such as leather etc. add a 1/4 teaspoon of oil of cloves to 500ml baby oil, shake-well and wipe a drop or two over the surface using a clean dry cloth. It will instantly kill any existing mould and prevent it from coming back.
"Oil of Cloves" is available over the counter from your local Pharmacy.
...and remember...have a fabulous retirementLIFE!